Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's the thought that counts...or doesn't!

What I'm thinking when I'm running.

0:00 - 5:00 mins - Gotta start the timer right now, when I start to walk my earbud starts to fall out turn down the volume so when I'm on the highway I can still hear traffic ouch my left calf hurts maybe I should just start the running part now who needs to warm up anyway? Damn, why did this song just skip did my finger hit the screen? Did that person just wave who is it now my other leg hurts is it 5 minutes yet dang just 3.5 maybe I should've worn my coat it's a bit chilly there's the hill ahead and right before that I start running ok. time to look at the stopwatch I really could use a sports watch that just beeps I look like a dork with my phone/stopwatch in one hand and my 2nd generation inherited ipod in the other especially when I run because it looks like I've got two controls one to admininster morphine and one to administer music so I don't have to think about running, Billy Joel's Piano Man I like that one oh 5:01 START RUNNING. I feel like a 50 pound bag of potatoes on the back of a horse. I wonder how I know that? Remember to pull out the earbuds when I cross onto the highway. Wow the bridge sure shakes when those big trucks go over it I remember when the logging trucks would sound the horns when we  used to watch at the bustop, 200, 201, 202 maybe I'm faster than I think, surely that's 320 steps...only 1:15....glad I didn't wear my jacket what is that ticking noise is somebody behind me, no what is it, is it the song, oh my keys in my pocket thank GOD I can walk now.  Breathe in and breathe out I only get a minute oh DRAT, RUN....why does the walking time go faster than the running time, who's coming out of Dee Jay road who owns a blue truck, that truck sure does look familiar they're looking nope don't recognize them, oh the DELICA I recognize, wave to Chris straighten up a bit wouldn't want him to think his wife is flagging during the second set dang I forgot to count what is the time only 56 seconds? Yeesh.  Back across the highway geez walking would be nice right now it's not like Corinna's going to know I'm cheating if I start walking 10 seconds early is it? I wonder what they are going to do with those goats they sure beat the weeds down, the highschool sure is a long ways down this road I hope the highschool kids aren't on lunch I hate gasping and wheezing around the more fit  youth of today damn they are there if I stop when I'm supposed to I'll be walking right past them..run an extra 10 seconds around the corner and die when I'm out of sight whew 25:00 minutes now it's walking the rest of the way so much for my resolve to walk fast the rest of the way...I'm way too tired and I only ever clock the same time anyway...how am I ever going to get between these obstacles with so many gazelles on the team, has there ever been a time when I felt like a gazelle...hmmmm. Nope.  Oh, I did feel like a princess on my wedding day...HAHAHAH that would make a few people laugh if I said it out loud!....oh great stepped right in the mudpuddle these Po Girls are pretty good ah there's the truck...should I run the last 50 feet....um...nope.

What I post: Upped my run time from one minute at a time to two minutes. Went easier than I expected. So far so good!  I'm a RUNNER!!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment