Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Into the routine

I just ran day #3 of week #2's running schedule.

Week two is run a minute and walk a minute. Repeat 10 times.  I will probaby do this one more time on Friday.

This last week I have not seen additional weight loss. I've been pretty steadily going at the fitness part, though. I'm either running/walking or working out at the gym on the weights.   I did take one day off last weekend.

I was starting to notice a few days ago while I was running that my legs were protesting quite a bit.  The last time I was at the gym (yesterday) I laid off weights for my legs and concentrated on my upper body.  When I ran today my legs felt great.  I was taking longer strides (so going further) and I could add another 2-3 strides per minute (I'm timing and counting).

I felt pretty good, too. I felt like I had enough energy to do a few more sets but based on M.'s advice I am sticking to the schedule.  I really do not want to have to miss June 23rd because I'm injured!

I'm going to get back to leg weights tomorrow if possible and will probably monitor things a bit so I don't overdo it.

I could stand a bit more modification in my diet, but that is also going in the right direction.

So, all in all, a pretty boring update!  But personally I find it kind of exciting. I am a runner, albeit a slow, beginner one!

I thought it might be neat to have a before and after picture, assuming that I'll have an after picture that is substantially different!  This is me after run #3, week #2.  Just to answer what has become a frequent question:  the barrel next to me is our rocket mass heater in our earthship. (You can even see one tire in the background that we didn't completely plaster over!)


No comments:

Post a Comment